Frequently Asked Questions

Most Common Questions
I'm newly diagnosed with Parkinson's, where can I get support?

Please see the main Parkinson's website at or call 0808 800 0303. If you would like to talk to one of the YPSG committee members please use the contact form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

How do I become a member of Parkinson's UK?

To become a member of Parkinson's please visit their main website on or telephone 0808 800 0303.

What is the Younger Persons Support Group?

The Parkinson's Younger Persons Support Group (YPSG) for Yorkshire and Humberside was set up by Parkinson's UK to support people with Parkinson's who are still at working age. It operates only in the Yorkshire and Humberside region. It is part of the Parkinson's UK volunteer and support division. The YSPG is run entirely by volunteers who either have Parkinson's or are close to someone who is.

Who runs the Younger Persons Support Group?

There is a committee of approximately 8 people who work to raise funds and organise events and social activities to provide support to people with Parkinson's. They are all unpaid and volunteer their time to support others. The group is supported by full time officers employed by Parkinson's UK.

How do I become a member of the Support Group?

If you are still working or are under 65, live in Yorkshire or Humberside and are a member of Parkinson's UK you will automatically be a member of the Support Group. By providing us with your email contact details through the site or by asking one of the Local Advisers to contact us, we will send you notification of our events and newsletters etc.

How do I become a member of the committee?

Please contact us through the contact form and your request will be sent to the chairman of the YSPG who will respond to your request

Does it cost to become a committee member?

No. There is no cost to you. All members are volunteers and are not paid for their time, but can claim travel expenses for attending YSPG committee meetings.

Are there any more local support groups I could join?

All support groups for younger people are on the front page. If you wish to join one please contact the person named in your local area.

There are no support groups in my area. How do I go about setting one up?

If you want to set up a local support group where you live it's best to contact the chairman of the YPSG or Rose Crawley from Parkinson's UK.


Web Master
If you want to comment on the FAQ, please leave a message
Web Master
Please leave your comments here

Leave your comment


Character Limit 400